Nutrition & Ingredients
A single serving of Protein40 delivers:
- 20g of 3 premium protein
- 4g of leucine (BCAA)
- 7 hours of muscle & bone support
- 30% of your daily calcium needs
- 70% of your daily magnesium needs
Why 3 Types of Protein
Your body requires 20 amino acids to survive, 9 of which are essential, because your body can’t produce them and you need to get them from your diet. Protein40 is composed of three complete proteins designed to be absorbed over a sustained period of time to help promote prolonged protein synthesis.
- Whey isolate – A pure form of rapidly digested whey that stimulates short-term muscle protein synthesis.
- Micellar casein – Slowly digested protein that creates a prolonged effect on muscle protein synthesis. Micellar casein has been shown to reduce muscle protein breakdown.
- Calcium caseinate – Digested slower than whey isolate and faster than micellar casein, Calcium caseinate also provides readily absorbable calcium for bone health.
Leucine is an essential amino acid, meaning it can only be obtained by the body though the foods you eat because your body cannot produce it. Leucine is a key activator of protein synthesis and therefore is critical to stimulating tissue growth and repair. For individuals approaching middle-aged, you need more leucine (4g) to ensure that protein synthesis is as optimal as possible.
Decadent Chocolate Flavor
We use real cocoa to provide a rich, chocolate flavor that’s also used in a leading, premium ice cream brand. Protein40 is creamy and delicious mixed with your favorite smoothie or milk. Protein40 may seem like a guilty pleasure, but the decadent chocolate flavor combined with 3 premium proteins makes it one of the best things you can do to support your muscle and bone health.
Learn more about Protein40 ingredients here.
Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Isolate, Palatinose, Calcium Caseinate, L-leucine, Cane Sugar, Inulin, Cocoa processed with alkali, Magnesium Oxide, Natural Flavor, Salt, Sunﬂower Lecithin, Reb A (Stevia), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Chromium Piccolinate